I have a dream!
Ok I can't say that I'm as passionate about changing Tecman as the speaker of said famous line was, but anyway, here's the dream =)
1. Tecman as a homely, yet professional Christian store.
2. A place where people love to work - where the boss motivation comes from a happy atmosphere and not a 'kan chiong' atmosphere.
3. A place that people will immediately think of when they want to buy something Christian!
yup my mom's the one in pink :D
I used to think that this change can be done easily if the people are willing, but after starting (hard) work at Tecman I'm reminded again of why there's so much inertia. The way my mom runs it leaves little room for change. Not that it's a bad thing - the management is very flat, my mom runs around a lot settling things, and it makes the atmosphere very homely and close. But it also means that she tends to get stressed out and too busy to try to modernize Tecman.
this was during the opening ceremony of our NEW outlet
Consequently, Tecman looks its age... It looks like an old-fashioned store trying to be modern and failing at it, and not as a store that just got an order for 1 million communion cups. This makes it very hard to attract good and young employees, and the lack of good staff makes it hard to even tidy the place up. It's gonna take a dream to change Tecman =) A corporation's image is cultivated into being, and perhaps all it takes to start the cultivation is one person dreaming it, and slowly but surely spreading it.
cutting makeshift ribbons! =)
you know what i see Tecman becoming?
I see our new store looking bright, happy and totally new.
I see people wandering into the shop just to check out what this happy-looking store is all about.
I see a crowd forming in the morning outside our doors before we open in the morning.
I see our staff busy from all the customers but having so much fun they can't wipe that smile off their faces.
I see a boss that's humble enough to help out on an individual basis, and yet wise enough to delegate work.
I see a cosy cafe forming just outside our store, complete with broadband internet access.
I see people using the cafe to browse stacks of books and to rest from a morning of shopping.
I see our good relations with suppliers continue, and I see deals cut so well that it just had to be God in the midst.
And I see Tecman being a major lighthouse of glorification to God, and a testament to what He can do when His people simply believe.
yeah.

4 comments:
wow, sam.
thanks =)
that's a good idea... wow...
when did you get talked into taking over tecman??
-marykins
who said i was??? just an option =) it was always an option =)
Post a Comment