4
on special request by zing from her blog =P
4 Things/People that/who make me smile:
1. Sitting on a hilltop in the middle of a huge forest watching clouds cast huge shadows over the plains as the sky turns from blue to pink to red, letting the night stars slowly wink into existence, while having a nice conversation with God. (I'll post pictures some time =))
2. 4 letters: d, e, l and a. need i say more? :D
3. Watching Zing constantly getting sidetracked by stuff to buy for herself when she's really trying to buy clothing for her sis hahahah
4. Fat guinea pigs that sit in a little nest of sawdust in a corner of the cage of a pet shop just staring contentedly into space with this huh? expression :D
4 ways to win my heart:
1. Sincerity - It's quite obvious to me when people are putting up an act. Looking back, it seems the best friendships I've had were with people who didn't try to hide their feelings or present a facade.
2. Be courageous enough to know that hurts are often healed by talking, even crying them out.
3. Knowing that friendhips and relationships are all about God, cos He is love. There's something very deep and very true about this - God is love. He's not just in love with us, neither is He merely there when people love. He is love! To agape someone is to let someone touch God =) All this talk about 'true love' is pointless to us believers, cos seeing what Jesus did for us is enough to know what love is really like.
4. If I choose to donate my organs to science, you might actually be able to win my heart in a bid or something if you're in a research facility that needs hearts to study =P
4 things i believe in:
1. Flowers!! (first line of the first page of the adhoc book haha)
2. that God will make everything work out for my good :) I went through a whole year of huge problems in the army, and each time I thought there was no way it could be solved; but each time God proved my worrying pointless and made it all work out wonderfully.
3. The power of simply listening =)
4. That you need to get your hamster used to human stroking and touching from young or it'll grow up really scared of touch. I had this hamster that would SQUEAK and do a backflip everytime i tried to stroke it haha
4 things i'm afraid of:
1. Losing memories... I'm a forgetful person, and I've had so many wonderful memories that faded away. Makes me very scared of losing memories so I try to store up stuff or write things down. Zing once asked me why I didn't ask God for a better memory; It's painful sometimes, but I guess I'm content like this. I wouldn't treasure each passing moment so much if not for my forgetfulness. And being quite an emotional person (yea yea, SNAG, whatever :P) I don't think I'll be able to handle it if I could remember every single wonderful moment.
2. Orchard Road - firstly it's so so crowded, secondly when I walk down the road I see how badly dressed I am compared to all these 'cool' people, thirdly it's just so so crowded. =)
3. New experiences... I don't like uncertainties =/ If I had a choice I'd probably just continue my life as it is now without changing it, spend time with the same dear friends, hang out at the same places, do the same things... It's the same with meeting new people (more so in a formal setting) cos I stutter when I'm afraid of what someone thinks.
4. Parties where I don't know everyone that well. I'm not the sort that knows how to casually slip into a circle of people talking and just join them and get click with them immediately. If you ever lose me in a party, come find me in the toilet - chances are I'm hiding there to get away from the fear that people are laughing at how unsociable I am lol.
4 things i do everyday:
1. Try to pack up my room =P
2. Wake up whatever time I want to!! (mmmm glorious freedom from NS life)
3. Look at the stains on my brushing-teeth cup and tell myself I really should get a new one.
4. Open my curtains and smile at how glorious a room can feel with sunlight pouring in.
4 things/ people i want to see NOW:
1. People bidding for my Yahoo! Auctions lol
2. Me actually getting down to revising stuff for uni - gotta recap JC stuff for placement tests so I can get into better courses, or even get credit for courses in UChig.
3. Tecman - revamped, looking spanking new, everything professionally done =) For those who don't know, (shameless advert) my mom runs Tecman, the largest Christian store in one place in Singapore, it's at Bras Basah #04-47, #03-38 and #01-xx! We're in the process of shifting to a bigger place within Bras Basah. It's been one of my dreams to help revamp Tecman, cos the image many people have of it is of a second-class bookstore. We have a very very loyal customer base, people who have been shopping with us for decades, but I feel we need the younger generation to be interested in us, which will take some effort because it takes a different sort of philosophy, different sort of store decor, different image, to attract buyers from our generation. Something I really want to help Tecman do.
4. Me driving confidently throughout Singapore hehe... I only passed my driving test 2 or 3 weeks ago and I really haven't tried expressways and what not. Well my mom's bringing me out to drive her car now right now lol
4 people who should also do this:
1. dela!
2. jac
3. gowri - i imagine you'll write some totally hilarious answers :D
4. dawny

2 comments:
i remember the hamster days...
i was gonna get some for my new house just so that i had little critters running around, but then i remember all the trouble it could be and how many children (grandchildren, great-great-great-great grandchildren and all their inbreeding)..
so i think i'll get a cat.
-marykins
no get a guinea pig! they just sit there and stare into space - zero maintenance! haha
Post a Comment