Monday, April 17, 2006

Despair, the Sister of Dream

just collecting some thoughts that have been popping up recently...

I told a good friend on MSN something almost profound today:

To know loss is to know love.

Not sure if I got that line from somewhere or made it up, but I wrote it down as the very first line of a long and sad piece of writing while asking the question:
Would you rather have known a deep love and then felt a deep hurt from losing that love, or not have loved at all?

Which will you choose? To plunge and risk or to run from the cliff and never know what it feels like to fly?

Reminds me of a line from a song that played on another dear friend's blog some time back:

I know I love you because I miss you.

(Heartaches, pains, sadness. Just had a thought - some Christians have a millitant stance against pain. At the slightest hint of 'feeling emotional' or 'feeling down' they reject the feeling and speak against it and what not. Then why did Paul say that he delights in weaknesses? Maybe it's just me, but in a way I find it nice to feel emotional and even sad, because doing so just shows how weak I am, and how reliant I am on God - relying on His perfect strength because we're nothing on our own. wow, sidetracked, back to the topic)

My mom has a saying - 'If you don't eat this food, you won't know how to regret ar!" Not even knowing how to regret... I've sometimes told myself it must be sad for a couple to break up, cos of all the wasted years they could have spent with the next bf/gf/spouse. But I realise that's so stupid, because to God there's no such thing as waste. People say the army is a 2.5-year waste of time, I say God taught me the power of rest in that time. People say gamers are wasting their time playing 10 hrs a day, maybe God's using them to form Christian communities online. God wastes nothing, we're His hands, and that's what's special about Christianity: we're called to simply rest.

Simply resting. There's just so much power in trust.

gosh that was a pretty stream of consciousness post... I better post pictures next or you guys will stop reading my blog out of boredom lol. And no, this *emo* post is not meant to cryptically hint at any problem in my life =P

No comments: