Winds of Change
this will be the last of my little "winds of change" series of posts... it's been a journey for me; i don't think anyone really understood all that was happening between the lines, but it's ok :) we write for our own edification too
ok i've been accepted into smu accountancy, and i'll be officially turning down my U of Chicago offer of admission very soon.
i won't go into all the details, but suffice to say that these few weeks have been full of difficult changes: a huge U-turn in my life accompanied by worries and many, many tears. I'm really grateful to those of you who walked down the long U-turn with me, and were there to listen... it really meant a lot.
I'm someone who loves constancy in life, and change is difficult for me. But i see it as... I had to make this change to avoid a bigger one. And God really cleared the way for me. I had this image in my head early on, inspired from Jer 6:16 – that I would not have to search for the path I had to take, that it would be obvious. And the path has been very very clear; I often found myself walking in it without even trying.
anyway... those of you in smu... see you in school! *grin*
If the Lord delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
from Psalm 37

No comments:
Post a Comment