Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Assets are of a debit nature

Think about that statement for a while... Isn't it sad?

Spent most of today learning accounting at Tecman. Was a big eye-opener: saw for the first time Tecman's actual income statements and balance sheets and what have you =)

And my dad gave me a very good overview of accountancy too. He mentioned an equation:

Net worth = Assets - Liabilities


Isn't it a sad way to find out the worth of a person? =)

It gave me a good idea of the kind of job I want. I think I'm definitely not the sit-in-the-office-the-whole-day sort.

I wanna wear jeans to work. I wanna run up and down joking and having fun with people and at the same time doing important theoretical work. I want a job that has a large scope and at the same time gives freedom for individual interaction with people. Hehe.

Actually felt a bit guilty for doing deskwork all day. One of the temp staff my mom hired spent the whole day displaying and arranging products at our new unit. Felt so sorry for her at the end of the day cos she looked like she needed to go home right NOW or she would just fall asleep standing there... And there I was sitting cheerfully in front of a computer screen the whole day =/

Lol... I think I'm a bit too compassionate to be Tecman's boss.

That said, should I run Tecman in the future? Should I carry on my Physics plan instead? I dunno, I'll just rest. A good friend used to love this phrase:


drifting along...

=)

No comments: