Thursday, June 15, 2006

a mother's words

mmmm I've been so blessed. 2 nights in row I've had wonderful conversations with people dear to me... tonight was with my mom :) We talked on family, relationships... What's there to explain? Again I wish I had taken everything down...

A few things stayed with me tho.

Something she said underscored a change that has been happening in me... Being able to... change. I used to take pride in being an unchanging ever-the-same Sam. And it's taken so much, over the past months, for me to realize that... when you least expect it, people can change, and perhaps even I can change.

Well the context was relationships... I dunno... I always feel so content the way I am. Just never saw the need to change. But y'know, I think rather be able to adapt for someone, than to stay as a stubborn person, not willing to change just because I don't think I'm someone who changes.

That said, I think I don't have to worry about changing too much, because if God directs a change, it's for the better, and it'll come so naturally. :D

"Change comes from within..."

No comments: