memories and beauty
"I need to remember. Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just gonna cave in." ~ the weird kid from American Beauty

Here are the "memory corners" (and CDs area!) of my room... Do you have one in yours? :)
Memories are a huge thing for me - I don't have a good memory; when friends tell me, 'Sam, remember the time...", I always feel sad when I realise I've forgotten that beautiful moment.
Beautiful moments in my life are always touched by a little sadness. Because they are transient things to me - I know that in time I'll probably forget the magic of the moment, to have it recorded only in maybe my journal or in photographs.
But you know what? I'm content to be like this. There is a certain beauty in transcience - it makes you appreciate the magic of the moment more...
And really, there is too much beauty in the world. Can you see it? When you're at the beach at night, it's in the stars in the sky and the lights shimmering on the horizon and the waves and the soft wind... When you're with a loved one it's the way he or she smiles, it's the understanding and love... When you're on a hilltop, it's the way the clouds cast giant shadows on the valley, the way the setting sun makes the mountain range in the distance shine like diamonds...
I think if I were to remember clearly every single beautiful moment of my life I wouldn't be able to take it. Beauty can be overwhelming sometimes. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment