turn your eyes upon...
You know, the world really looks beautiful when your eyes are on God.
I was feeling seriously full of worries and cares on the way home from fetching my dad to the airport. But then I started to sing songs in the car. Now I LOVE singing in the car! There no one to hear you so you can sing as loud and as extravagantly as you want :) And as I sang to God I realised something so simple...
It's so true... We can trust Him.
I've so many examples of God's goodness! There's one thing to highlight tho:
I only just learned from my mom that all along, her heart's desire was that she would have children staying with her in Singapore, and that there would be someone helping her manage Tecman.
To quote her in a recent email,
"On 2 May, 2006, I read: He will satisfy your desire with good things - Psalm 104:6. This verse caught my attention, I stopped and started to ponder. I wonder how is God going to satisfy my desire with good things. Does God know my deepest desire? How to satisfy? What are the good things? This Bible verse was always in my mind for the days after." On her part she had no idea how God was going to satisfy her desire, since I had already gotten into Chicago.
But out of the blue, she received my email on 6 May, that I wanted to stay in Singapore. I had no idea she was feeling this way. And you know what? It was exactly on 2 May that the U-turn in my life started. And 20 days later, on 22 May, I would accept SMU's offer of admission.
Isn't God good? He not only answers prayer, he also makes sure it is answered in a way that is best for everyone involved.
The Christian life is so exciting because our God is alive! And if you take a look at your walk with Him you will see how clearly and specifically He fulfills your desires and needs, and how He teaches, heals and restores, and how He loves you so much. I see it so clearly in my life :) I can be quite a skeptical person, but even I see that there's absolutely no way that the many examples of His goodness in my life had all happened by chance.
Even right now, I'm in the midst of having a specific heart's desire fulfilled.
It's just wonderful... We can simply rest, and trust :)

No comments:
Post a Comment